CANCELLED: MAN OF LA MANCHA
We regret to announce that our upcoming production of Man of La Mancha has been canceled. In spite of the precautions taken during rehearsals, some of our cast members have come down with COVID. We are not able to recast these important roles in the time remaining before opening. In addition, we do not want to risk the health or safety of our other cast members. Consequently, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the production. The cast and crew have been working very hard for the past month to bring you an exciting show, and we all share your disappointment in not being to share this amazing show with our patrons.
THANK YOU TO THE CAST, CREW, AND PRODUCTION STAFF
Prairie Fire Theatre wishes to thank all the cast, crew, and production staff who worked so hard for the past month to bring this spectacular musical to life. We hope to have another opportunity to work together in the future.
MAN OF LA MANCHA
Stage director: Aric Diamani
Music director and conductor: Sally Hoffmann
Producer: Robert Mangialardi
Date and time: 7:30 pm Friday, August 5; Saturday, August 6; Monday, August 8; and Tuesday, August 9; 3:00 pm Sunday, August 7
Location: Westbrook Auditorium (in Presser Hall), Illinois Wesleyan University, 1210 N Park St, Bloomington, IL
TICKETS ON SALE NOW. Click here to be taken to Booktix, our ticket sales website
Tickets may also be purchased as follows:
- At door within 1 hour of performance start time – Cash, Check, Credit Card
- Venmo @Prairie-Fire-Theatre – Be sure to note the number and type of tickets you are purchasing (2 General, 1 Senior, etc.).
- Mail – Send your check to the above address; include a note describing the number and type of tickets you are purchasing (e.g. 2 General, 1 Senior, 2 Student, etc)
Seating Information: Seating in Westbrook Auditorium is general except for
- Accessible Seating: If you need wheelchair and companion seating, contact Mindy at 309-824-3047.
- Groups of 10 or more may have reserved seats. Contact Mindy at 309-824-3047 to reserve your seats and to receive a 10% discount on the total amount of purchased tickets.
Man of La Mancha is a classic among classics, so who better to bring it to the Bloomington-Normal stage than Prairie Fire Theatre? Inspired by Miguel de Cervantes’ 17th century masterpiece Don Quixote, “La Mancha” will inspire, delight, and break your heart all at the same time. The story: While awaiting trial during the Spanish Inquisition, Cervantes and his fellow prisoners perform a play-within-a-play, telling the story of the elderly Alonso Quijana/Don Quixote who goes on a quest to right all wrongs in the world. The rousing score, which demands strong voices, includes “The Impossible Dream,” “I, Don Quixote,” and “Dulcinea.”